In warmer weather, it is more enjoyable to be outside, particularly for children. From nature walks around the parks in Raleigh, or playing outside in your backyard, they know the importance of the fresh air and sunshine are however, ticks, mosquitoes and other insects pose a risk when you are outside, as they carry diseases such as Lyme as well as West Nile virus.
To stop mosquito bites from occurring on children and toddlers You need a product that is secure but also efficient. The majority of insect repellents contain DEET and Picaridin. Although they are safe for babies that are more than two months old, it is possible to be cautious about using them on your child’s skin that is delicate. There are a variety of natural mosquito repellents suitable for toddlers and young children. To help you choose the most effective Pest Control Services.
Application of insect repellents to children and Babies
Whatever you decide to use, whether an traditional repellent made of DEET or a natural one made of plant-based components and oils of essential, the method application is equally crucial to your security. To get the most effective outcomes, you should follow these tips:
- spray the bug repellent on your hands, and then rub your child’s skin, including the arms neck, legs, and arms.
- Always apply or spray outdoors;
- Do not eat or drink food. beverages to prevent contamination.
- Beware of getting it in the eyes of your kids or close to the nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands immediately after applying
- Be aware of how often the label states that you have to apply the cream again.
- Beware of using an insect repellent and sunscreen combination because sunscreen needs to be applied more frequently than insect repellent.
Natural Mosquito Repellents to Toddlers and Children
If you’re looking to buy a ready-to-use insect repellent, these choices are excellent to prevent mosquito bites on young children and toddlers. They are free of DEET and picaridin:
- Babyganics Natural DEET-Free Repellent is an insect repellent for skin which can be used every 90 minutes to babies who are older than six months. It includes peppermint, citronella, lemongrass, rosemary and Geranium.
- Cali Baby Natural Blend Spray is suitable for infants who are six months old and over and comes with a pleasant scent which is the result of the natural lemongrass and citronella essential oils. Since it’s not a strong scent and safe to use, you can apply it every 30 minutes. This makes it a great choice for those who don’t want their children to be outdoors for long time. Additionally, it is effective against ticks, fleas and mosquitoes as well as flies.
- Badger Balm Anti-Bug Balm contains an organic base made consisting of olive oils and castor that moisturize the skin. Citronella and lemongrass. Cedar, cedar and rosemary oils are a natural way to repel mosquitoes and biting insects. All the family members can benefit from it, and it’s offered in stick, spray and balm varieties.
Protection of babies under six months from insects and mosquitoes
If your child is less than six months, talk with your pediatrician about one of these options for his or her delicate skin. Certain essential oils are too to be used on babies Your pediatrician might suggest a different solution.
Other Methods to Avoid and Avoid Mosquito Bites on Toddlers
Bugs and mosquitoes are frequent during the summer months It is important to take steps to reduce the chance of your kids suffering from painful bites from bugs. If you are looking for a reliable and Affordable Pest Control Los Angeles, then look no further than Pest Control Experts at Los Angeles Pest Controls Services. They have the experience and knowledge to get rid of your Insects and Mosquitoes problem quickly and efficiently, so you can focus on more important things.
Around The Yard
Keep insects and mosquitoes out of your yard by following these steps:
- Plant citronellas in your yard, particularly near your play equipment and on your porch, where your kids are most likely to be playing.
- Do not let standing water sit in your backyard. Don’t fill up buckets, bird baths and other objects which can be a source of standing water. Cover water tables, and child-sized pools when they are not in use. If there are areas of low elevation in your yard that are prone to standing water pools, you should consider raising the surface a little.
- If you’re trying to avoid lighting citronella candles near areas where children play You can consider an ultrasonic repellent like Thermacell Radius Moquito Repellent, which emits an odorless and mess-free insect repellent. It is simple, safe and easy to carry around.
On The Go
If you’re in the park or taking a stroll and would rather not apply a topical insect repellent Try these alternatives:
- “Bug Off Bands” are filled with citronella as well as other natural repellents. You as well as your children can put around your ankles or wrists or, for infants hang them over the stroller of your child, or attach it to a infant carriers (like the Ergo, Tula, or the sling wrap) to keep flies and mosquitoes away.
- Muslin blankets for babies are cool and thin, but bugs aren’t able to bite them, which keeps your baby secure.
- Avoid wearing perfumes and scents since certain fragrances can attract mosquitoes, insects and even insects.
Our Raleigh Preschool wishes you an enjoyable, bug-free summer!
There’s no need to keep your children indoors during the summer months to avoid becoming mosquito food or to look for chemicals that you might not be familiar with. There are many options for natural solutions to protect yourself from insects When in doubt speak to your pediatric physician about how you can be the best at preventing the bites of mosquitoes from your baby or toddler!