Is your hard drive, or different storage devices suddenly gone unreadable and is now marked as RAW? This is a common issue that could be due to a number of causes (bad sectors, viruses attacking or formatting error or formatting error, etc. ) however, it offers a variety of solutions. If your PC (Personal Computer) is experiencing technical difficulties or the dreaded “bad sectors, viruses attacking or formatting error or formatting error“, then expertly trained techs at Computer Repair Dallas are ready to help you now. This article we’ll go over both paid and free methods you can apply to recover information from a drive that has been RAW as well as assist you in deciding which one is the best one for you.
What is a RAW Drive?
Imagine the hard disk as an cabinet that has multiple drawers each filled with binder for documents. If you save a document within your computer it will automatically be placed into the appropriate binder. This will ensure that all files are in their home and can easily be recovered.
The system used to control the way information is saved and retrievable is known as the file system. Examples of widely used file systems include NTFS FAT, exFAT, AFPS and ext4, to name a few examples. Without a system for file storage, your hard drive will be the same as a file cabinet with no drawers or document binders: all the files are stacked in one large pile making it difficult to determine the exact location of a particular file. in.
When a hard drive is converted to RAW, it’s like somebody took out every binder in a cabinet and threw all the documents onto the floor in a pile. This is a bad thing since it means you won’t be able to access your files no more. In reality, it’s completely possible to retrieve files from RAW drives. You must learn how to maximize the chances of a successful recovery.
Is it possible to perform RAW Drive Recovery without Data Loss?
It is possible to do RAW data recovery with no loss of data, but it is important to be aware that certain actions may render RAW hard drives inaccessible. Here are some RAW drive recovery rules and don’ts to keep in mind:
- Do not format your hard drive Formatting a RAW hard drive won’t help in any way. In fact, it causes RAW recovery of files harder because it damages an original data system.
- Don’t write any new data onto an RAW hard drive The attempt to write any new data onto a drive with no functioning file system is likely to fail. In fact, it could lead to the permanent destruction of important files.
- Do not use an untested RAW drive recovery software: There are numerous powerful software applications that allow you to easily retrieve files from the RAW drive, however there are also scam applications which are guaranteed to cause more harm than good.
- Do begin RAW recovering your disk as quickly as you can: The earlier you start the process of recovery the more likely you will be to recover your data.
- Follow our directions If you’ve never successfully recovered RAW drives before then you shouldn’t explore solutions that could or might not work. Following the guidelines in the next section of the article you’re sure to successfully retrieve the maximum amount of files on the RAW drive as is possible.
How can I recover data from an RAW Drive?
The techniques you can employ to restore an RAW file system could be roughly classified into two types which are free and paid. If you experience a Data Loss Emergency at Home or at Work, contact Almighty PC Repair for immediate Data Recovery in Dallas at your home or business. For superb Data Recovery Experts in the Dallas area, call them now. Recovering Lost Data with the latest Data Recovery Software available is what our computer-data recovery tech-firms do so well.
Let’s look more closely at the options to give you a variety of choices.
The Free Method: TestDisk
Test Disk is a free and open-source program whose goal is to retrieve partitions that have been lost and enable non-booting disks to boot again. It can be useful in attempting to retrieve data from a RAW hard drive or different storage device.
TestDisk is compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux You can download it through its official website. The main drawback is absence of a visual user interface, however the procedure is fairly simple particularly if you follow the step-by-step directions in the following section.
To perform the Recovery of a RAW Disk Using Test Disk
- Launch TestDisk.
- Click”Create” to start a brand new log file.
- Choose the storage device that contains the partition that was deleted.
- Choose the type of partition table.
- Enter the Enter to examine how partitions are organized and search for missing partitions.
- Conduct an Quick Search for the deleted partition.
- (Optional) (Optional) Search to discover the partitions deleted that Quick Search could not retrieve.
- Write down the newly-created partition structures.
Are you having trouble using TestDisk? Then consider the two methods that are paid to perform RAW recoveries of drives.
Paid Method 1: Disk Drill
With Disk Drill you are able to recover all types of files in a RAW partition comprising images, documents, audio, video, file archives, and many more. Basic versions of Disk Drill allows you to show and restore up to 500Mb worth of recoverable files.
This is the method to retrieve the data from the RAW drive using Disk Drill:
- Download and run Disk Drill for Windows.
- Choose the storage device with RAW and then click Search to find lost data.
- Use the filters for file formats on the left side to reduce the results of your scan until you can locate the exact file you’re looking for.
- Check the box next to the file, and then click the blue Recover button at its lower left.
- Select the folder for recovery and select OK.
It is evident that RAW part recovery using Disk Drill is so straightforward that even novices are able to do it without hesitation.
Paid Method 2. Professional Data Recovery Service
If the files stored on the RAW hard drive are important for you, think about hiring a professional Computer Security Protection in Dallas to retrieve the files for you. So, you won’t be at risk of making a rookie error and not being able to retrieve your data.
The majority of data recovery centers provide the opportunity to test their services for free. Additionally, they only charge for the files they can actually recover, meaning there’s no need to worry about paying hundreds of dollars to no benefit. For the first step all you need to do is take your RAW drive and take it to the data recovery center that you prefer.
Which one should I pick?
Answering this query will depend on two aspects the budget you have and the value you place on the data you lose. The two elements determine which approach to pick:
- Value high, budget high = professional service for data recovery
- Budget is low, but value is high = paid software for data recovery
- Low budget, low value= no cost methods
In the end, paid program for data restoration is most suitable option for most users since it provides outstanding RAW recovery results and does not cost an excessive amount of money.